Monday, February 2, 2015

     I am writing from home, recovering from the flu.  The good news is, being sick gave me extra time for reading. I read Son by Lowis Lowry and I am about to finish Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation by Michael Pollan, which I have been reading little by little for a really long time.  In the very enjoyable chapter on bread making I came to this quote from Joe Vanderliet, the owner of Certified Foods and a miller for Community Grains that seemed to speak directly to this year's program - "What you have to understand..is that nature made a perfect package when it made the seed, all the parts working together in a living system." Your reading will earn you lots of "perfect packages" to grow and feed many people.  
      We've already received some great submissions for the Week 1 bonus, and we are looking forward to many more.  Here's a padlet wall where you can see the first few and the lovely Google  Doodle from yesterday.   Don't forget to cite your sources!  And have fun reading.   --elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment